Thursday, January 19, 2012

Am I happy?

I am really tired tonight.  Thursdays are busy days.  So I was searching a few blog prompt generator sites to find a subject to blog about.  I can't think too much. . .  anyway, this one came up: 

Are you happy?  Why?  Good enough for me.  I love to write about happy! 

First let me make a distinction here:  I do not always feel happy.  (of course not) I do, however always have JOY in my heart.  Circumstances cannot steal joy away unless you let them.  I choose not to let the things that happen to me steal my joy.  For example:  I choose to be happy in spite of the fact that I have no control over where I live.  The Army moved from a very large city that I loved to a small town that smells funny most of the time.  (swamp)  If someone asks me if I'm happy here, I always say yes.  Why?  Because it is what you make it!  I can be happy that my family is together, healthy (for the most part) and happy.  I live in a beautiful home with a huge yard for my kids to play with.  I have a few friends now.  I stay very busy with Bible study and hanging out at the dance studio.  My life has purpose and meaning.  It's fulfilling.  I know my worth.  I'm happy because even though we don't have a lot of money, my husband makes enough that we can survive and I don't have to work a full time job.  I have the privilege of being able to stay home and enjoy my kids.   These are just a few examples but really there are so many reasons why I can say with sincerity "yes.  I am truly happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment