Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy Working Song

Today my day was of the monotonous, no news sort.  I didn't have a nurse here to help me with Willow so I spent much of the day catering to her needs (wiping an 11 year old's butt is so NOT blogworthy) while juggling all my usual chores.  I did better than I thought I would.  I of course didn't get everything done that I wanted to do but managed to keep my kitchen clean, do a few loads of laundry, make a yummy dinner and mop a few floors as well as do a full day of school with both girls and make a few phone calls that couldn't wait.  So without anything inspirational or thought provoking to share, I thought I'd make this blog fun. 

My favorite princess movie is Disney's Enchanted.  I like it for so many reasons but number one is because it takes princess movie cliche' and makes a joke out of it.  Amy Adams does a great job in her role of Giselle with her over exaggerated arms and painted on smile, portraying the classic Disney princess but at the same time, she's not "one of them."  She learns that not only does she not need a prince to save her but in the end, she doesn't want that for herself!  My favorite scenes, of course are the songs (also princess movie cliche') but with a comical twist.  See below: 



Love, love, LOVE the singing and dancing vermin!  I chose to post the clip with the words at the bottom because the lyrics to the song are quite funny.  I also love that the smile never leaves her face as she takes a hairball out of the drain and holds roaches on her finger, (not real, I realize) but funny nonetheless.  My favorite part?  When the pigeon eats the roach.  Great stuff!  I've seen this movie at least a hundred times and I'd watch it again tonight if it wasn't time for my kids to get ready for bed.  What's your favorite princess movie?  





3 comments:

  1. Enchanted is one of my favorites too, but I also love Beauty and the Beast and Mulan. I had this song running through my head as I was scrubbing out the sinks tonight. It's pretty motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My second favorite is Beauty and the Beast, probably. I don't know though because Rapunzel is pretty funny in Tangled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen that! What you say? no it's true I have never seen that!

    ReplyDelete